Tuesday, September 2, 2008

A New Tole Tray for My Collection ...

During our recent family vacation in Blue Ridge, Georgia, I visited an antique mall in Murphy, North Carolina, and found this pretty tole tray to add to my collection ...

The tray is signed and dated 1978, and the price was $48.00, which I thought was very reasonable for a tray this size.

Here it is in its new home, on
top of my china cabinet in our dining room ...

I'm still trying to decide if I like it there, but I'm going to live with it for a while and see.

I'll be sharing more about our vacation soon, and will take you to a quaint little Georgia mountain village called Helen, which looks like it should be in Bavaria.

I hope you will join me for my tour.

Sincerely,



8 comments:

Bo said...

Hi...I wish I had room for a tole tray collection...I think this one is gorgeous and looks great in your dining room. ;-) Bo

Blogger said...

I love that tray, you're right it is big, you don't see those around too much.

I can't wait to see your vaca pics :)

Bella

Unknown said...

Hi Janie,
Your new tray looks wonderful in your home. I'm looking forward to seeing the vacation pics!
Diane

Jerri Lynn @ Southern Sassyness said...

It is stunning - what a great price for a piece that size!

nikkicrumpet said...

I like the tray up there...it looks happy. I look forward to seeing pictures of your trip! Have a great evening.

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Oh, fun! Murphy is where my parent's house is in the NC mtns. that I posted about last week. It's near & dear to our hearts. Love your new tole tray, it's a beauty!

Rhoda

Linda S H said...

Janie, can't wait to see your pics of Helen, GA! Frank and I want to go there soon! I believe that's also near where they have the Cabbage Patch Hospital! (For the Cabbage Patch dolls). We used to do a camp down there near Helen! Looking forward to seeing your pics! Love the tray too!

StitchinByTheLake said...

Janie if I had a dining room I would be trying to duplicate yours - I just love it so. blessings, marlene