Sunday, October 25, 2009

To God Be the Glory

I appreciate our gracious hostesses, Ginger and Charlotte, giving us the opportunity to share our inspirational thoughts through their "Spiritual Sundays."

I love the old hymn "To God Be the Glory," and have created a slide show featuring some of my pictures, along with a beautiful instrumental rendition of the hymn.

The most breathtaking picture in the slide show is one a photographer friend, Marty Kittrell, took before sunrise at a Vicksburg cemetery of a statue of Jesus on the Cross. Marty has a truly God-given talent and all of his photographs reflect God's glory ... from a single leaf in a puddle of water to a magnificent sunset over the Mississippi River. I hope you will visit Marty's blog to see more of his awe-inspiring work.

And now, here is my slide show (be sure you turn your sound up, if you'd like to hear the music).

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow:

12 comments:

Denise said...

Beyond lovely.

RachelD said...

Oh, Janie,

What a morning!!! I'd just spent a long time looking my eyes full of the full-screen ultrasound of our coming-in-the-Spring GrandChild---it came in last night, and Chris had put it up as my screensaver. I'd only seen the small ones, printed pale on crinkly paper, but this was THERE.

It was like looking into space, at something taken by the Hubble---all the sparkles and the outlines and the hope of the Future.

And now this---my roots, "my" bee, "my" berries---I cannot tell you what an experience this has been.

Thank you.

rachel

Marjorie (Molly) Smith said...

beautiful song, one of my favorites.Beautiful pictures to go with it.
Happy Sunday to you my friend
Molly

Marti said...

Breathtaking! Not only are the pictures wonderful, but such a good eye by the photographer(s). Thanks for sharing those.

Donna said...

Beautiful!

Musings of A Minister said...

WOW! WOW! WOW! I don't know what to say. Thank you. This is absolutely wonderful.

Susan said...

Beautiful indeed.
Susan

Sue said...

Just so breath taking Janie,i so enjoyed them all. Your photography is outstanding. And what a lovely hymn too.And the one that Marty took is so beautiful. Thank you for sharing.

Blessings,
Sue

Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage said...

What an awesome God we have. These are so beautiful. Thank-you so much for sharing them today.
God Bless,
Ginger

GranthamLynn said...

This was absolutely beautiful. And btw your photo in your header is gorgeous such perfection. I did not know you could do this on smilebox. You inspire me to try. I loved this.
Thanks for sharing.
Have a Blessed Week,
Sherry

Charlotte said...

This has always been one of my favorite songs. How nice to hear the beautiful music, see the gorgeous pictures and sing along with it in my mind. Thank you so much for sharing it with us.
Blessings,
Charlotte

Cathy said...

Just lovely, thank you ~