Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Roadside Daisies

This is the second in a series of posts featuring roadside wildflowers. If you would like to read the first post called Honeysuckle and Wild Roses, you can click on the link, or just scroll down below this post.

Today, I'd like to share some photos I captured of a cluster of wild daisies growing on the side of a road. They were almost hidden by some tall grass, but, luckily, caught my eye as I passed by.

They were so beautiful against the brilliant blue sky, and I'm so glad I didn't miss them.

The next time you have some time to wander off the beaten path, choose a country road instead of the interstate, and take time to appreciate and enjoy God's glory that is all around us. I promise your day will better for it.

3 comments:

The Quintessential Magpie said...

I've been noticing the wildflowers lately, but the funny thing is, many of them are in the medians of roads in the city. I saw bluebells (or some sort of neat blue flower) and buttercups, too. I always think of childhood when I see buttercups.

Thanks for this reminder, Janie. I am going to wander through the Ocala National Forest in a few minutes. I might take my camera out and be prepared to shoot. :-)

XO,

Sheila :-)

Deb said...

what a lucky find...you've got a great eye for beauty...would love to have a vase full of those...I have the fake ones...but the real deal would be great!

Tonja said...

I know I've probably said this before, but I really mean it this time! :) I think the daisy is the happiest flower ever! I just adore all these pics...couldn't help but smile! They are a perfect header!
Saw that you were listening to THE HELP. It is a great book! And, very thought provoking!