Thursday, June 30, 2011

On the Wild Side

All of these pictures were taken at the Jackson, Mississippi Zoological Park. I hope you enjoy the tour.

This little guy looked so sweet and "cuddly" ...

Until he opened his mouth!

This next picture of a Diana Monkey reminds me of a line from an old song that goes, "If I had the wings of an angel, over these prison walls I would fly."

And speaking of flying, remember Dumbo, the flying elephant in the Disney movie?

I think Giraffes are so graceful-looking, to be so tall and gangly ...

Awwww ... such a sweet face!

And while we're on the subject of faces — here's one that only his mama could love!

I interrupted the Leopard's naptime.

Isn't he gorgeous!

My favorite wild animal is the Tiger, and this one was truly magnificent.

Sable Antelope

Gotta love that sweet little "smiley face!"

The Zebra almost faded into the background.

What's for dinner, guys?

If you live near Jackson, I encourage you to visit the zoo and see all these beautiful animals for yourself.

The zoo is celebrating its 91st birthday this year and needs your support and patronage.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos Janie.

I love your banner photo. Gorgeous!

RachelD said...

I DO love all your pets!

And your uncanny ability to capture the perfect shot, with no bars or fencing between you and the animals---I love all your pictures.

Tonja said...

It had to be the awesome mind of God to think of all the animals and the colors and the characteristics. They are all so beautiful in their own way. I particularly like the zebra. And, the most regal of all...the lion with his big mane! Beautiful pics!

Richard Cottrell said...

They look well cared for and happy. Thanks for sharing. Love the park. Richard at My Old Historic House

Deb said...

great photos...of wild animals...