Tuesday, December 18, 2012

2012 Lagniappe

As we enter the final days of 2012, I'd like to share a little of the lagniappe I captured in pictures this year. Along with the pictures, I captured some lovely memories of where and when I took the pictures, so I was doubly blessed.

"Georgia Pines in the Morning Mist"

A sunrise during our family vacation in the
Blue Ridge Mountains, near Blue Ridge, Georgia ...

Fall Branch Falls, near Blue Ridge ...

This beautiful giant swallowtail dropped by our courtyard on a sunny September afternoon ...

In October, I enjoyed exploring a few of the cotton fields near Vicksburg, and captured this next picture just a day or so before the pickers came ...

I've always loved taking pictures of the Old Court House Museum in Vicksburg, but especially enjoyed capturing it during the "blue hour" one evening in February ...

Here is a another view taken a month later when the dogwood trees were blooming ...

I revisited the Museum in April, and captured some of the spring flowers in the gardens surrounding the courthouse ...

Flowers are one of my favorite subjects to photograph, and here are a few of my favorites from this year ...

Snapdragon

Little Gem Magnolia
4th of July Rose

And last, but not least, this picture of Crabapple blossoms
I captured in March — my #1 favorite flower picture of 2012 ...

While browsing through my picture albums of 2012, I discovered that I captured most of these pictures close to home. I hope to venture out more in the coming year, and look forward to exploring new and interesting areas here in our beautiful state of Mississippi. I hope you will join me.

4 comments:

C M Designs said...

I'll look forward to traveling with you, Janie, next year.. I always love to see the pictures that you post. They are always so interesting and beautiful.
Christmas is coming fast and I'm not ready.. My "get up and go, got up and went".. I'm going to have to put forth more effort in the next day or two.
We adopted two four month old kittens (gray and white, brother and sister) over the weekend and I think maybe that has something to do with my lack of energy.. They are so cute but such little investigators..
Have a happy day.
Hugs, Charlotte

Pat said...

Janie,
Count me in to join you on your travels around your beautiful state of Mississippi.

I love how you "see" the beauty all around you and capture that beauty with your camera....what an inspiration.

Merry Christmas to you and your beautiful family.
Pat in Tallahassee

Richard Cottrell said...

Oh to follow you on your many journeys. jealous, but happy for you. Love and Sissy Dog Kisses, Richard from My Old Historic House.

Dorothy said...

Wonderful pictures and wonderful
memories! The Magnolia is my favorite!