Thursday, November 7, 2013

Echoes of Summer


As Summer reluctantly relinquishes its hold on the seasons here in Mississippi, Fall is slowly, but surely, making its presence known.


The Fall foliage along the Natchez Trace is just now beginning to peak, and I hope to capture some of its glory with my camera next week.  

But before I say a final farewell to Summer, I'd like to share these beautiful roses which I found blooming in my yard a couple of days ago ...


They brightened my day and were a bittersweet reminder of the Summer's fun times and sweet memories-in-the-making we shared with our grandchildren, Avery and Maddox. 
 
     

I say, "a bittersweet reminder," because time seems to be moving faster and faster these days, and Avery and Maddox are growing up right before my eyes.


I'm so glad I took the time to capture this sweet November rose before it fades away and takes the last echoes of summer with it.

4 comments:

Carolyn said...

The roses are beautiful along with those sweet grandchildren.
Looking forward to more fall foliage photos.
Carolyn

Dorothy said...

The Roses are beautiful, but those grandchildren are even more beautiful!!! Enjoy them while they are small. They grow up and go away way too soon!

Pat said...

Janie,

You captured the beauty of that Fall rose along with the beauty of your two grandchildren.

I always enjoy seeing your wonderful photos.

Pat in Tallahassee

The Quintessential Magpie said...

I cannot get over how much those precious two have grown!

As usual, a lovely post, Janie.

xoxoxxo

Sheila