Thursday, December 11, 2008

One of My Favorite Places to Shop ...


I'm taking a little time out from decorating and want to talk about one of my favorite places to shop year-round, but especially at Christmas ... and that's Barnes & Noble.

You can save a good bit if you become a member, and they periodically offer additional savings through coupons which you can use online or in their stores.

One of my favorite services (especially during the holidays) is their "Store Pick Up" service. You can place an order on their web site and they will assemble your items at the store nearest you and hold them for three business days. It just doesn't get any easier than that!

I love books and love to read to our granddaughter Avery. Here are some books I picked up today that I had pre-ordered for her, along with a few more I found while I was there ...







I also found these two workbooks for her ...


And this beautiful calendar for me ...

Another thing I like about Barnes & Noble is their reading areas where you can sit and browse through as many books as you want for as long as you want, without being disturbed or being obligated to buy the books.

We have a new store about an hour away from me that opened a few months ago, and any time I go to Jackson to shop, I save the best for last and stop at Barnes & Noble. It's a nice way to unwind before starting the trip back home.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Janie,
Connor has that same version of The Gingerbread Boy. Jan Brett has a wonderful web site too.

And you can't go wrong with Dr. Suess!

Connor is almost reading! He has learned so much in K this year. I need to get him some phonetic readers, you've given me a gift idea!

Diane

Anonymous said...

Barnes & Noble is one of my very favorite places too! You've chosen some awesome books and I'm sure your granddaughter will enjoy them. xoxo

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Good Morning, Miss Janie!

I love Barnes and Noble, too, and aside from their wonderful book selections, I like their delicious chocolate goodies and hot chocolate they serve. Yum! Books and chocolate... does it get any better than that?! :-)

Those selections look like good ones, and I will have to remember them for the little friends on my list. Thanks for the suggestions! I always loved Peter Rabbit.

Sending much love to you this morning!

XO,

Sheila

Stacey said...

I love books too. Jan Brett books are beautiful!! I love to look at the illustrations. Did you know she has a website? She provides puzzles, games, coloring sheets and all of that for kids.

Anonymous said...

Morning Janie! I love to browse in Barnes too but we have more Borders near us so that's usually where I pick up my magazines/bks and gifts! I plan on making a trip there soon myself for new reading material & mother-in-law gifts!lol Doesn't it make you feel like a kid again; you want to sit and play with the workbooks?? Avery is going to have so much fun; great selection too (especially Beatrix bk). Glad you had a chance to relax! Enjoy - Sincerely, Jeannette

ksarra said...

We love Barnes and Nobles too. It is always fun to browse and see all the new books, calendars and sale tables! The only thing I've asked for this Christmas is the Cajun Night Before Christmas. Let's see if Santa got the hint! (OK, it wasn't exactly a hint, I just came right out and asked for it) Don't you think it will look sooo cute displayed next to the pirogue?

Beth at Aunties said...

Janie,

We love Barnes and Nobles! Sometimes we spend the evening devouring the lovely selections.

Jan Brett books are aa favorite and I am happy to know she has a website for our little ones.

It also looks like a wonderful
calendar to start the year off right.

Have a beautiful day!
Beth~♥

Anonymous said...

We don't have one here,but I sure wished we did. I enjoyed the one I went in up North.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful books! I love Barnes & Noble, too. The nearest is about 30 minutes away. I don't get there often, but always enjoy!

Salmagundi said...

Great books today. The grandkids & I made gingerbread boys & girls last night - I will post about it in a day or two. My kids still enjoy Dr. Seuss - what a contribution he made to children's literature. Have a good day. Sally