Friday, July 20, 2012

Fire and Water

This is what I saw outside my kitchen window at twilight yesterday ...

The underwater lights had just come on in our waterfall, and I couldn't resist capturing the red blossoms of my Bougainvillea plant against the dark background of the Little Gem Magnolias and Azaleas behind the waterfall.

I love the contrast between the flowers and the rocks and water, which were bathed in golden light and reminded me of fire.

Best wishes to you for a weekend filled with unexpected pleasures like this one.

3 comments:

Sue said...

Absolutely breath taking, Janie, I am so thankful for all of the unexpected pleasures God sends me each day, Thank you for capturing this one.
Enjoy your weekend.
Blessings,
Sue

C M Designs said...

Beautiful Janie. Thanks for your wishes and the same best wishes are wished for you and your family.
Enjoy ! Charlotte

RachelD said...

Golden light---sunsets, candlelight, a pool of lamplight on the family table, even a big ole Bubba bubble-light on an old-fashioned tree---those are my favorites of all.