Wednesday, February 20, 2013

A Rose is a Rose is a Rose

Have you ever thought about how many expressions we use every day with the word rose in them? My favorite rose expression is "Stop and smell the roses" ... and that is exactly what I did when I captured the following pictures.  

A rose ...
Is a rose ...

Is a rose ...

Is a rose.

No one said life would be a "bed of roses."


The Yellow Rose of Texas ...

I never promised you a rose garden.

My love is like a Red, Red Rose that's newly sprung in June.


It's a good thing when you come out "smelling like a rose" ...


Everything's coming up roses.

A rose by any other name would smell as sweet.

"We can complain because rose bushes have thorns,
or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses."

                                                       [Abraham Lincoln]

Looking through "rose-colored glasses" ...


His smile "puts the roses back in her cheeks."

Hope you have a rosy day!


1 comment:

RachelD said...

Not JUST a rose---not through your lens.

The palest-of-pink ones are my favorite, I think. The far left one is the exact shape and colour of the Birthday-Cake roses of my childhood, and they were sometimes more magical than the real thing.

I'm smiling.

rachel