Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Spring is Bustin' Out All Over!

All those days of waiting and watching and counting the days until Spring seem to be behind us ... as Spring has finally made its presence known here in Vicksburg.  I saw my first butterfly yesterday, and a wriggly worm greeted me when I was digging a hole while planting some flowers.

After taking its dear time, Spring seems to have arrived overnight ... slipping up on us, with buds popping out of nowhere, unfolding like flowers in a time-lapse photography scene.  Everywhere I look in our yard, I see new life.
In the trees ...

And flowers ...
Even the honey bees and bumblebees seem excited!

 It won't be long before these little Midnight Elephant Ears ... 
Will look like this ...
And the tiny leaves on this Lantana plant ...
Will turn into a profusion of yellow blooms ...

In the backyard, I was happy to see two little green Mexican Petunia leaves poking up through the pine straw ...
Soon they will look like this ...
I also found mint creeping in and amongst the stones on our path leading to the backyard ...
I'll have to be sure and keep it under control or it will take over the path!

Little green tentacles of my Asparagus Ferns are waking up and reaching for the sun ...
And this Umbrella Plant will soon take over its corner of the pond ...

I love these little leaf sprouts on our Chaste Plant.  
                             
It won't be long until they look like this ...

The leaves on the Japanese Maple tree in our courtyard are almost ready to transform it into a blaze of color. 

Soon ... 

And in the meantime, while all of these awesome transformations are happening, our heron, Harry, will be tending this urn of purple Petunias.

 I can tell by the look on his face that he, too, is very happy that Spring is finally here. 

Here are some close up shots of those petunias that I captured when the late afternoon sun was filtering through the petals.



I hope Spring is bustin' out all over where you live, and you can take time to see God's glory up close and treasure each and every "how great Thou art" moment while watching His beautiful world unfold with new life.

4 comments:

RachelD said...

All those moments, all that anticipation fulfilled with every gaze. The unfurling is getting into full sway right now, and I'll bide until the rolling tide of the awakening spreads up the map to HERE. There are little signs of the quickening but no real YES to the days yet.

Lovely, as always. Happy APRIL!

rachel

Stacey said...

You are making me miss my pond. :)

You are ahead of us a little but it's definitely bustin' out here too. :)

Tonja said...

Your skills with the camera amaze me every time I see them! I love spring! Everything is waking up and starting to shout! Your pics captured the joy that is spring! Thanks for sharing these!

Pat said...

Oh! Janie! What a great pleasure to see your beautiful photos.

The good Lord is with us again with his beautiful blessings of Springtime. And, you have captured his artwork so nicely with your beautiful photos.

It is great fun to visit Southern Lagniappe!

Blessings,
Pat in Tallahassee