Saturday, January 17, 2009

A 4th Picture Tag ... "Avery Goes Fishing!"

I was recently tagged by my friend Sheila at The Quintessential Magpie to post the fourth picture in the fourth folder of my pictures file, and here it is ...

It was taken during our family vacation last summer, and that's our little granddaughter Avery Grace trying out her new fishing rod in the Toccoa River near Blue Ridge, Georgia. She was so proud of it and had "practiced" throwing it for weeks before our trip.

Here she is in our courtyard with her daddy giving her a few tips (click on the pictures to enlarge them if you'd like to see the different expressions on their faces up close, especially the last picture) ...

I love the look of concentration on her face in this shot ...


And the look of amazement on both their faces in this picture, as if they're thinking, "WOW! ... what a throw!"

This was a fun post and I appreciate Sheila including me in her tag. I hope you will visit Sheila's beautiful blog, if you haven't already discovered it. She is a sweet, gracious, funny, and smart lady who has a wonderful way with words ... and I know you will love her.

Sincerely,

4 comments:

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Janie, she is absolutely precious! I love seeing what was in your drawer. You never disappoint, and Avery is certainly a joy to behold. Such a cutie!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Anonymous said...

I'm a huge fan of your blog!

I have a granddaughter named Avery Elisabeth **smiles**

Cottage Rose said...

Hey Janie;

Oh how sweet and cute she is. I love the photos, just so precious.

Hugs;
Alaura

Laura @ the shorehouse. said...

I can tell she is going to be a great fisher(wo)man! :-)