Monday, March 12, 2012

God at Work


This is a "re-run" of a post from the past, which I think is worth sharing again. It will make you stop and think.

The head of a company survived 9/11 because ...
his son started kindergarten. Another fellow is alive because
it was his turn to bring donuts.
One woman was late because ...
her alarm clock didn't go off in time.
One was late due to being stuck on the
New Jersey Turnpike because of an auto accident.
One of them missed his bus.
One spilled food on her clothes and
had to take time to change.
One's car wouldn't start.
One couldn't get a taxi.

Another man who put on a new pair of shoes that morning, took the various means to get to work, but before he got there, he developed a blister on his foot. He stopped at a drugstore to buy a Band-Aid ... and that is why he is alive today.

Now ... when I am stuck in traffic,
Miss an elevator,
Turn back to answer a ringing telephone,
All the little things that annoy me ... I think to myself ...
This is exactly where God wants me to be at this very moment.
Next time your morning seems to be going wrong, the children are slow getting dressed, you can't seem to find the car keys, you hit every traffic light ...
Don't get mad or frustrated &#151 it may just be that God is at work watching over you.
~~ Author Unknown

5 comments:

nancygrayce said...

Love to see God at work!

Glenda said...

"God is at work" . . . and I'm so glad!

Merisi said...

So true, the invisible guiding hands!
A wonderful week to you and yours,
Merisi

LindaG said...

Good one. Thank you. ♥

Tonja said...

Everytime I read that piece, it reminds me to 'thank God for everything'. We just never know what work He is doing in the lives of those who love and serve Him.