Friday, April 27, 2012

Court House Lagniappe - Part 2

My previous post featured Part 1 in a series of posts I'm sharing about one of Vicksburg's most imposing and historic landmarks — the Old Court House Museum. If you missed it and would like to read it, you can click on this link: The Court House - Part 1.

I am in the process of editing literally hundreds of pictures I captured during my visit to the court house, which I hope to have ready to post the first of next week (I promise I will try to refrain from posting all of them). But, in the meantime, I would like to introduce you to Maggie, one of the fattest cats I've ever seen!

Maggie is the indoors court house cat, and was very friendly. So friendly, in fact, that I couldn't get her to stay still long enough to get a good picture of her beautiful face.

I'm not sure how much Maggie weighs, but I was told that she recently lost about five pounds, bless her heart!

I was also delighted to meet another (much smaller) court house pet — a baby squirrel that was rescued after it fell from its nest at the home of the museum's curator, Mr. George (Bubba) Bolm. Bubba's wife is a Mississippi Wildlife Rehabilitator, and she cared for the baby until he was old enough to move to his new home on the grounds of the Museum (that was one lucky little squirrel!).

I would like to thank Mr. Bubba Bolm for his gracious hospitality during my visit. Although they were expecting 65 school kids to tour the Museum later that morning, he went out of his way to make me feel welcome to browse and take as many pictures as I wanted. I hope to return to the museum soon and capture some of the pictures I had to leave behind. There is so much history there, I could spend a week inside those old walls and still not capture it all with my camera.

For next time: A Tour of Downstairs in the Court House.

4 comments:

Dorothy said...

Wonderful pictures! That cat needs some mice to chase!!! Lucky squirrel and lucky you for getting to photograph him so close!!!!!

LindaG said...

Great photos. Thanks again! :o)

nancygrayce said...

That's a fat cat and a cute squirrel. Post as many pictures as you like, I love pictures!!

Sue said...

That is one fat cat, Janie, and adorable too. What a sweet story about the squirrel, he too is adorable. As always I enjoy your photography.
Hugs,
Sue