Wednesday, January 7, 2009

"Top Projects for 2008" Party -- Master Bath Makeover


Rhoda at Southern Hospitality is hosting a "Top Projects for 2008 Party," and invited us to share our favorite "before and after" project(s).

I would like to share my master bath "makeover" on which I wrote the following post last August:

Recently, I woke up one morning and discovered that "something happened" to our master bathroom overnight. I couldn't put my finger on it, but I knew I didn't like it as much as I did when I went to bed the night before.

As I applied my makeup and fixed my hair, I pondered the situation and decided that I wanted to make some changes.

There were a few things I liked and didn't want to change. Like the concrete lady statue ...

And the little table I got at a yard sale for $2.00 ...
and the iron wall hangings.


After a couple of days of pondering it and worrying about it (I just can't stand it when something's "not quite right," can you?) ... I had an idea.

In keeping with the "garden" style decor, I decided to add an iron trellis behind the statue and in front of the glass shower wall. I found this one, and added a few accessories and an orchid in a stone planter, and was delighted with the result.




I found these little stone butterfly, dragonfly, and ladybug plaques at a garden center for half price and just love them ...

My newest addition is the goose shown in this picture ...

I had fun redoing our bath and love the changes. I just hope I don't wake up in the morning and discover that "something happened" to our kitchen overnight.

I appreciate Rhoda hosting this fun blog party and look forward to seeing everyone's projects ... especially yours, Rhoda's!

Sincerely,


15 comments:

bj said...

Oh, Janie, your bath is just to die for. i can't even imagine having such a lovely bath....
You did a wonderful job on it...
xo bj

Blogger said...

Your bathroom is gorgeous! I love that arched trellis. I have arches on my front porch and have been trying to incorporate arches into the home to keep the them throughout.

Have a great day!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Janie, this is LOVELY! I could just move into your bathroom! :-)

XO,

Sheila

southerninspiration said...

Janie, my oh my, you do have a great eye for decorating! What a fabulous idea to bring the arched ironwork into the bath.....it looks perfect! I love it all!

Suzanne

Anonymous said...

Just fabulous! I really LOVE the iron trellis behind the statue and the whole theme of the bathroom!
Manuela

Beth at Aunties said...

Janie,

Your bathroom is fabulously gorgeous and you do have a wonderful natural eye for decorating. It truly is lovely and romantic:-)

~♥♥♥~

Anonymous said...

Morning Janie! Just beautiful! Light and airy; love it! I haven't been able to put my finger on a lot of rooms yet!!! Driving me nuts! Glad you were able to figure it out! I would never leave this bathroom!!!!! Have a great day - Sincerely, Jeannette

Anonymous said...

Brilliant! I think I need to "borrow" the trellis idea. Fabulous makeover, Janie!

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

It looks gorgeous Janie! My city house has an teeney weeney bathroom so yours looks like an elegant spa to me!

nikkicrumpet said...

Your bathroom is like the rest of your house....G O R G E O U S !

Unknown said...

Janie,
That is a beautiful bath! You comment about the kitchen struck me as funny. We women aren't ever satisfied are we? I bet you find some other projects to work on!

Diane

Salmagundi said...

I love the little black table - so charming! Great job. Sally

StitchinByTheLake said...

I know it's not right to be jealous but I am. Today I broke a small lamp in my bathroom and my husband, while trying to vacuum it for me, said "this bathroom is so small I can't fit in here if I close the door!" Tiny little bathrooms don't involve a lot of cleaning but that sure aren't fun. blessings, marlene

Susie Q said...

Wow Janie! This is truly beautiful! So elegant and drop dead gorgeous!

Love it all...

Love,
Sue

Rue said...

Good morning Janie :)

Your bathroom is beautiful anyway, but with the new changes it's even more so. I love the swan and have been looking for one myself.

Thank you so much for the comment you left on my dork post. It meant a great deal to me and touched my heart.

Off to read what else you've been up to....


hugs,
rue