Friday, December 4, 2009

Fun Kids' Cookie Decorating Kit from Williams-Sonoma

I was in Williams-Sonoma the other day and came across this cute little Cookie and Cupcake Decorating Kit made especially for little chefs.

Of course, I couldn't resist getting it for our little "Ina Garten-wannabe" (aka Avery Grace, our four-year-old granddaughter).

Williams-Sonoma says this about the kit:

"Our multipurpose decorating kit offers an easy, no-mess way for kids to add artistic touches to their baked creations.

The easy-grip plastic bottles are a cinch to manage, especially for small hands. Assorted decorating tips let kids draw all kinds of designs with icing – words, borders, petals, stars and more. The kit includes three squeeze bottles, one straight-sided bottle and four decorating tips (round, leaf, star and basket). Recipes and instructions included. A Williams-Sonoma exclusive."

We're going to try it out on some Christmas sugar cookies this weekend and I'll let you know how it works.

7 comments:

Audrey said...

Very cute gift idea....I have a couple of nieces who might like that.

Your Christmas decorations are beautiful...I love your traditional style.

Stacey said...

Looks like fun to me. :)

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Great idea! Thanks for the tip, Janie!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Donna said...

So cute for kids! I want one myself. Everyone loves cupcakes and cookies!

nancygrayce said...

It's so cute, but it looks like it may cause a mess......but what do I know, I only had boys?

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

That looks like a nice set Janie. I was reading Martha Stewart Living today and her food editor said she also uses squeeze bottles to ice her decorative cookies.

Southern Lady said...

Follow-up: We used the decorating kit for Christmas cookies, and also for Valentine cookies and it worked great. It's a little messy trying to get the icing in the little squeeze bottles, but other than that, it's very easy for little ones to use.