Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Ramblin' Fever

For weeks, I've had all the symptoms of Spring Fever.

I've replaced all my winter decorating accessories with Spring decor.

I've replaced my "winter door wreath" with my "Spring Wreath."

We've had our landscape plants trimmed in anticipation of their new Spring growth.

We trimmed the Confederate Jasmine vines around our front doors, and I added my Azalea baskets.

I've been taking pictures of anything and everything that is heralding Spring's arrival ...

And last Friday, I witnessed the first bumblebees and baby chameleons of the season frolicking in our courtyard.

So now that Spring looks like it is officially here (even though we had snow flurries Sunday!), I've pretty much gotten over my case of Spring Fever.

Unfortunately, it seems that I've come down with another malady called Ramblin' Fever! I have all the symptoms -- restlessness, staring out the window at the spring rains and cold March winds whipping the newly-leafed trees, reading books about places I want to go see and capture with my camera, and longing for a bright 70-degree sunshiny day when I don't have anything on the calendar (or have a fresh spring cold, like this week).

I know it will all come together soon, but until then ... I will just curl up with my "places I want to see" books and daydream of the day when my camera and I can get "on the road again," and I can be free of this awful Ramblin' Fever.

6 comments:

Stacey said...

I know what you mean! This time of year I start thinking of nice vacation spots. I've also been pining about the trip we took to Savannah last April. Would love to go again but with a high school senior there are too many activities going on.

RachelD said...

And there are SO many more stacks of Places to See books than the numbers of Places I've Been.

But I feel as if I've been a lot of places I haven't.

And thanks to new friends in the past couple of years, I've seen wondeful sights I'd never have seen, save for the sharing of theirs.

Marjorie (Molly) Smith said...

lol...sounds like we are Soul Sisters, I have had the Rambling fever for a couple of weeks now and my trusty camera is always tucked in my car even if I'm just going to town to buy groceries...you never know what you might see...lol..
I was so surprised one day last week to see a butterfly fluttering around my Keifer Pear tree. It was gone before I could get a picture. But I knew then Spring is truly on it's way.
Hope you have a blessed day.
Molly

Judy said...

I'm SOOO ready for spring! I want to get out all my spring stuff from the attic but we can't seem to slow down long enough to get them out. So for now I'll just enjoy yours!

Judy

Loui♥ said...

I saw my first Crocuses yesterday..
in someone else's yard..
and now ..
more snow on the way..
haven't done much "spring cleaning"..
we seem to be in the throes of lingering winter..
perhaps because March is roaring out like a lamb?...
but my blood is telling me Spring is near..
as is my soul..
so until the actual arrival..
I'll continue to live vicariously through all the blogging posts of travel and spring delights..
and when you guys begin complaining of the summery heat and humidity..
I'll be sharing the joys of Colorado springtime!!!
warmest hugs, laughing smiles..
Loui♥

Unknown said...

I love spring Janie...your spring decor looks great! Love the wreaths and the birdhouses!