Friday, March 26, 2010

Waiting for the Butterflies

One day soon, we're going to see our first Spring butterflies fluttering around our yards. Have you ever wondered about where they come from and how they just show up one day? I wonder if they've traveled far, or if they've just escaped from their cocoons after a long winter's sleep. And what makes them choose our yard for their new home? I'll probably never know the answers to these questions, but that's okay ... I'll just be glad when they get here.

While I'm waiting, I'd like to share some of my butterfly pictures from past springs and summers (you can click on the pictures to enlarge them, if you'd like).


I love capturing butterflies with my camera, especially when my Lantana blooms are at their peak. There's nothing like standing amongst them while they flutter all around me, and it's truly an awesome experience.

I can't wait until they get here!

5 comments:

Deb said...

I'm looking forward to butterflies also...had a lot last year...not as pretty as yours though....

Marjorie (Molly) Smith said...

I can't wait for the butterflies either. Your pictures are so beautiful and sooo clear. They are amazing.
Molly

RachelD said...

I think of them this time of year, wondering if they're hatching into their first unseemly beings, or if they're traveling those unimaginable miles from way down in Brazil or wherever, and I just joy in the times that someone has some to share.

And how you get those classic, lovely poses---a Butterfly Charmer is surely what you are.

Tommie Jo said...

Soooo beautiful! Such artwork in God's little creatures!

Tonja said...

Beautiful! Just beautiful! Your talent never ceases to delight these eyes! Thank you for sharing with us!