Thursday, October 7, 2010

Sepia Potpourri

Today I'd like to share a few of my pictures I converted to sepia tone, which makes them look as if they belong in the pages of an old photograph album.

Gibbes Country Store, Learned, Mississippi

Building in Learned

Baum Statue, with Court House in Background
Vicksburg, Mississippi

Ceres Plantation Barn, Flowers, Mississippi

Country Road near Bovina, Mississippi

Carriage Doors, Vicksburg

Cotton Boll

Gingko Tree at Vicksburg National Cemetery
Vicksburg National Military Park

Water Tower, Bovina, Mississippi

Church Bell
St. Marks Episcopal Church, Circa 1854
Raymond, Mississippi

Rosalie, Natchez

Natchez Under-the-Hill

Mailbox, Old Highway 80, near Vicksburg

Urn at old cemetery off the Natchez Trace

Radio Station Sign, Canton, Mississippi

Department Store, Canton, Mississippi

I love the way sepia tones can totally change the look of a photograph and make the subject look as if it is from another place in time. Some of the places shown in the above photos are very old, but some of them are not. Can you tell the old ones from the new?

5 comments:

Deb said...

I love sepia...makes me nostalgic...

Anonymous said...

These are incredible Janie. We are sitting in the hearth room having our morning coffee, looking through your photos and enjoying!

Marjorie (Molly) Smith said...

Janie these shots in Sepia are just beautiful. Sorry I haven't been by lately. Just returning from my trip and computer is in hospital again.
Molly

RachelD said...

You KNOW these are my favorites---even if the gold of the Ginko still shines in my mind, and the chairs will ever be that bright, stunning blue.

Thank you for all this work and all the bright and beautiful that you bring to my life every day.

rachel

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Janie, these are fantastic! Just fabulous!

I particularly am amazed at the ginko tree. Don't ever think I've seen one that size. My sister had an ancient one in her yard in Charleston, but this one is MUCH larger.

Wonderful images all.

XO,

Sheila :-)