Friday, April 8, 2011

Springtime Lagniappe


There's nothing like a ride in the country in the springtime. Everywhere you look, there's lagniappe.

Like clover blowing in the wind ...


And the buzzing of honey bees ...

Happily flitting ...

From one flower to the next ...

This big black bumblebee seemed to prefer the nectar of the wildflowers.

And not far away, this sweet little Jonquil was nodding in the breeze, as if to say, "Don't forget me — take my picture, too!"

These tangled wild rose vines were growing just out of reach beside the road.

Grass and wildflowers were knee-high, and there was a ditch filled with water from a recent April shower between me and the flowers, so I had to be content with these pictures taken with my zoom lens.

I hope your weekend is filled with lots of springtime lagniappe. Go out and find it ... it's there, waiting for you.

4 comments:

The Quintessential Magpie said...

I don't know how on earth you take such lovely pictures, but these are amazing, Janie! And those wild roses remind me so much of my childhood. We had some like that growing in our yard, and I adore them. Thank you for this lovely burst of spring.

XO,

Sheila :-)

Sue said...

Beautiful photos as usual Janie, I love to photograph bees and butterflies in my garden.We are really warm here, and plan to be out in our garden this weekend.
Sue

Lori said...

And from the other end of the river, I just reported we don't even yet have a blade of new green grass!

Jenni said...

Such lovely photos put me in a Spring-y mood! thanks for sharing....

These pictures reminded me of Matthew 6:28-29 ".....Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin: And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these."
Have a beautiful weekend,
Jenni