Friday, August 19, 2011

God's Greatest Miracle

I haven't had much time to devote to blogging
since the arrival of this little guy ...

His name is Maddox, and ever since his rather scary and dramatic entry into the world last week, he and his Mommy and his big sister Avery Grace, have occupied most of my waking hours.

Some of that time has been spent here in the rocking chair in his nursery ...

I love those times ... just Maddox and me ... and the creaking sound of the old rocker, accompanied by my off-key humming. I can't look at him without thanking God for blessing our lives with this precious little angel, who is perfect in every way, thanks to many answered prayers and several miracles God granted him along his journey into this world.

Big sister Avery started first grade last week and seems to be adjusting to the many changes in her little world. She loves her baby brother and can't wait to get home from school and hold him. I was pleased to have captured one of those sweet moments of her with Maddox ...

I would like to close by saying that of all the "How Great Thou Art" moments I have experienced witnessing and photographing God's handiwork in Nature and in all His creatures great and small, His greatest miracle of all time is a newborn baby.

Thank you, Lord, for ours.

8 comments:

C M Designs said...

Thank you, Janie, for sharing such adorable pictures of your family's wonderful miracle and his big sister.. I hope Avery will enjoy first grade.. I imagine it has to be difficult for her to leave Master Maddox.. Enjoy your time in the rocking chair with your new precious little bundle of joy.. Blessings to all, Charlotte

RachelD said...

Amen and amen. How Great indeed.

The creak of an old wooden rocker soothing away the day, with a sleeping baby in your arms---is there more beautiful music?

And the first-of-thousands picture of sister and brother---perfectly beautiful.

Our love and happy wishes to you all!

rachel

Tonja said...

He is an angel! An angel! What a beautiful child...such gorgeous skin. I am so happy that he is here and all is well. Breathe deeply! Can't you just fly to heaven on the smell of a newborn? Pure joy!

This was a verse that 'just happened' to be in my devotional book on the day Levi was born....why don't you claim it, too?

"Yes! the Lord has done amazing things for us! What joy!" Psalm 126:3

Enjoy every minute. I know it must be a delight to watch Avery Grace with him as well!

Blessings to all!

Jenni said...

God has truly blessed you and your family through the gifts of Avery and Maddox. I love the pic her kissing him.... so sweet!

Have a wonderful weekend,
Jenni

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Oh, Janie, he is GORGEOUS. I'm so glad to hear all are doing well, and I adore that picture of Avery with her new brother. Sending much love and many hugs your way.

Love you...

XO,

Sheila

Deb said...

congratulations on the new grandson...enjoy every moment...

Merisi said...

Congratulations to all on this new miracle of life,
may he have a blessed life and bring much joy to those who love him!

Kathy :) said...

What a beautiful child, congrats to all !!!

God Bless

Kathy :)