Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Angels


During my travels and "off the beaten path" adventures, I have acquired quite a collection of pictures of angels. They range from magnificent angels, worthy of art galleries ...

To primitive angels, like this one I discovered on the side of a country road ...

Most of the angels I've captured with my camera have been on monuments or headstones in cemeteries, like the famous "Turning Angel" in the Natchez City Cemetery ...

Here are a few others from my collection:

This Baby Angel watches over the final resting place of a little girl named Florence. To read my post about Florence, you can click on the link ...

Another "baby angel" ...


I found this shy little angel hiding in some bushes in a cemetery in Yazoo City, Mississippi ...

And these iron angels were on an old rusty gate in Vicksburg's beautiful Cedar Hill Cemetery ...

A fallen angel at Cedar Hill ...

And little girl angels ...

"Linka"

"Dorothy"

Two Sisters' Angel
(Lillian and Lena)

"Addie"

Kneeling Angels

Guardian Angels

Do you believe we have guardian angels? I do.

6 comments:

C M Designs said...

Hi Janie, I sure do believe that we have guardian angels.. I have had many of them guarding and guiding me in my lifetime.. Have a beautiful day. Blessings always, Charlotte in Va.

Richard Cottrell said...

I love your visits you take us on. You have captured many wonderful spirits. Thanks for sharing. Richard from My Old Historic House.

Glenda said...

I do believe! One of my favorite scriptures is in Psalm 91 and tells us that He sends His angels to watch over us and guard us. Since my childhood, that's always been such a comforting mental image for me .... as recent as last night when my husband was away for the night! I don't worship angels, but I do worship the One who loves me enough to assign them to me!!

LindaG said...

I know we do. I feel mine quite regularly.

Wonderful photos! ♥

Carolyn said...

I love your collection of angels.
I am pretty sure I have at least one guardian angel if not more!
Great cemetery photos.
Carolyn

Merisi said...

Such an exquisite collection of angels in your corner of the world, the visible ones, that is. I am sure you have many more!

Thank you for sharing your wonderful home with us, I enjoy it immensely,
Merisi