Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Extraordinary Days

We recently kept our two-year-old grandson Maddox for a week while his mommy and daddy were on a cruise, and every minute spent with this little guy was truly a pleasure.

My parents came to help (and to play), and we made so many sweet memories with this little 35-pound bundle of joy ... and to be able to share it with my parents made it even more precious and memorable.

We introduced Maddox to some of the simple pleasures of life, like playing in water ...


Our little fisherman ...

It didn't take him long to find out that sitting in the water could be fun, too ...
especially if you had some rocks to play with.


Time out for a snack ...


 I know there are some Vanilla Wafers in there somewhere!

 

Ahhh ... I found one!

Gotta love those shorts ... the soggier they got, the longer they got!

 While Maddox was with us, we celebrated my dad's 89th birthday, and Maddox had fun helping "Granddaddy" open his presents ...


He also had fun playing with a set of Fisher-Price "little people," which was his mommy's when she was his age.   That really brought back some sweet memories of the countless hours we spent playing with her with them.


  
Rest time.
It doesn't get much better than watching Dora and eating pretzels with "Max" ... 

Even though it was not easy keeping up with a two-year-old who has the fastest little hands and feet I've ever seen, it was a wonderful week filled with love and fun and thankfulness for this precious little Godsend named Maddox.  


His story is one of blessings, miracles, and hearts overflowing with love, and I wouldn't take anything for those extraordinary days spent with him and my parents.


He melts his GrandMama's heart ...




One of my favorite pictures of him ...

While Maddox was at our house in Vicksburg, his sister Avery Grace was at home with her sweet Great-Aunt Dorothy, who came to stay with her since she had to go to school.  Avery was at our house this past weekend, and I did manage to capture a sweet memory of her and her great-grandmother making potato salad ...



 I love those little hands ...

 A priceless picture ... and another heart-melting moment.

And believe it or not ... my mother and I even managed to do some Fall decorating in and amongst the playing and feeding and bathing and cuddling and snuggling and diaper changes.  

This is the sideboard in our dining room ... 


I'll share more pictures of my Fall decorating projects later this week, if all goes according to plan.


5 comments:

Salmagundi said...

Great post! I love the Little People - we still have some around here from the 1970s played with over the years by our daughter and her kids. Love the potty chair as we had lots of discussions about its purpose while playing with 2-year olds!!! Have a good week. Sally

Stacey said...

Maddox is one beautiful little boy. You know what caught my eye? His little feet and hands. Have you seen how people photograph feet and hands? You could do that. :)

You are a wonderful grandmother.

Marlene said...

These pictures just make my heart sing! What a lovely family and so many, many precious memories. I loved seeing those beautiful grand children and your sweet parents. You have been truly blessed as we are in your sharing.

C M Designs said...

I'm so happy for you to have had such joyful, memorable days with your Grandchildren and parents.
You are truly blessed, Janie.
May there be many, many more happy days like those you've shared..
Avery is growing to be such a lovely young girl. Maddox is a handsome young man. I know they both must be the "apple" of your and your parents eyes.
Blessings always,
Charlotte in Virginia

Pat said...

Hello Janie,

What completely adorable photos. Maddox is a beautiful child! He and his sister look so much alike.

Loved the photo of Avery Grace with her grandmother and Maddox with his grandfather ... Those photos will be priceless treasures to your grandchildren one day!

Life is beautiful and you sure did capture some of those beautiful moments.

You are so blessed!
Pat in Tallahassee