Monday, February 10, 2014

Counting the Days

Our weather forecast for today through Wednesday includes words like, "rain, freezing rain, snow, and more freezing rain."


But if we can just hang on until Thursday, we will be rewarded with "sunshine, and a high near 56" ... and Friday, Saturday, and Sunday are even better, with sunshine and highs in the mid-60s!

Oh, how I count the days until I can post pictures like these again ...

I hope your weather forecast is better than ours, but I know some of you are experiencing conditions far worse (as in snow and ice measured in feet instead of tenths of inches!).  My heart goes out to you, and I hope you can stay safe and warm until Spring. I'd like to think that we will be seeing some signs that it is on its way ... soon!

4 comments:

The Quintessential Magpie said...

I am tired of being so cold when I wake up. We aren't getting the snow and ice, but we are uncomfortably chilly. I almost thought of taking out a hot at bottle. I want to start cutting the dead out of the years, but they tell us. To to do this in Florida till after March and the threat of frost subsides. Half the yard is green, and the other half is dead. ICK!

RachelD said...

Soon and very soon . . .

Oh, that fountain! That is a magnificent memento of all the ice that I remember---not all at the same time, but some VERY impressive ice storms when I lived there.

As long as you have that vast portfolio of SPRING at your fingertips---those colors and flowers and trees and birds---and that eternal glow of hope in your heart---all will be well.

And thank you for the WARM wishes---I assume a bit of that good intention for us, for we've been berg-ish for quite a while, now. How I'd love to stroll those flowery streets with you, to admire and look my eyes full of the dogwoods and iris and crape myrtle, and I think of your beloved ginkos and magnolias as sentient beings, with lives and thoughts of their own.

WARM wishes!! love and,

r

Richard Cottrell said...

Our Patients are sure being tested this winter. I only hope the plants and trees can handle all this mess. Stay warm and stay safe

Dorothy said...

Wonderful pictures! We have been getting sleet and freezing rain here in North MS tonight. I look forward to Spring and seeing flowers again!