Monday, February 24, 2014

Goodbye Moon, Hello Sun

A trip to the coast wouldn't be complete without pictures of a sunrise.  The pictures I captured on our recent trip aren't spectacular by any stretch of the imagination, but I'm going to share them anyway.

I took these behind our hotel and the view facing the East was the beach at low tide.  The water was calm and there weren't even many birds out.  As we waited for the sun to come up over Biloxi, I took some pictures of the moon going down over Gulfport ...


It was a nice way to begin our day.

I captured this picture a few seconds before the sun peeped over the horizon.
  
 It's amazing how quickly its position changes.

  

It was the beginning of a great day, with plenty of sunshine and bright blue skies.  We left Biloxi later that morning and headed West towards Bay St. Louis.  I hope you will join me next time to see a few of the pictures I captured there.

1 comment:

Pat said...

Janie,

The photos of the moon setting and the photo sequence of the sun rising are stunning. What a beautiful way to start the day during your vacation.

What a beautiful world and you capture it so nicely.

Pat in Tallahassee