Monday, October 15, 2012

Weekend Lagniappe

My husband and I visited my parents at their home in northeast Louisiana over the weekend, and I was so glad I took my camera along.

Mama's Mexican Petunias were at their peak, and her Fourth of July Roses were, true to their name, putting on a fireworks show in their backyard.

Mexican Petunias

I also captured these pictures of their lemon and grapefruit trees, which they are very proud of ...

The lemons were huge, and so heavy they pulled the branches down ...

Grapefruit Tree

We had a very nice visit, and I'm so glad I have these pictures to remind me of our time together.

3 comments:

Stacey said...

So pretty. :) Glad you had a nice visit.

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Very nice photos, Janie. I particularly love those Fourth of July roses. SO pretty. I don't know that I've ever seen that variety of rose before. GREAT color.

I thought about Mexican petunias in our front garden, but the color is a litle off for our house color. But I love them, too.

XO,

Sheila

Dorothy said...

Love the roses and the tropical fruit!!!