Tuesday, February 26, 2013

A Lagniappe Kind of Day

I plan to visit the gardens of the Old Court House Museum in Vicksburg today, and hope to find lots of signs that Spring is getting closer and closer with each passing day.  


The Irises should be at their peak and the trees should be proudly displaying their tiny "spring green" leaves.  I hope to see buds on the dogwoods, too, but it may be a little early for them (the above pictures are from last Spring).

I'll look forward to sharing whatever I find today, and, who knows ... I may even discover a little lagniappe along the way!  I hope your day is a lagniappe kind of day, too ... wherever you may be.

2 comments:

RachelD said...

I'm dreaming of Spring in the South, and here it is!! It's a cold-rain day here, with an immense circular whirl passed by, and now another scoop of it is going to hit as SNOW tonight.

Sweetpea and I just dashed in out of the chilly damp, after school and library, and we're having cocoa and daydreming of grass to run in and flowers to smell.

And you know, with YOU as our friend, we can duck in out of the rain and be transported to Spring lawns and flowers and shady paths and sunshine---ANY weather of the year.

And THAT's a bit of lagniappe nobody is born expecting.

rachel

Stacey said...

Your pictures are amazing. My husband and I both love redbuds and dogwoods. It's so exciting when they start blooming. We've seen a few redbuds here but no dogwoods yet. I started to say that I hope you see something beautiful today but I know you will.