Friday, March 23, 2012

A Special Visitor


I was working in my yard yesterday and was delighted to see my first butterfly of the season.

He (or she) was enjoying the blooms on our Majestic Hawthorn bush, and almost landed on me.



His wings were torn and tattered, as if he had just arrived after a long journey from wherever butterflies go in the winter.

But I thought he was beautiful, and I ran inside to get my camera so I could capture that bright glorious spirit, gracefully flitting from flower to flower, as if he was sent to personally wish me a "Happy Spring!"

I hope your weekend is filled with butterflies ... and flowers ... and the sound of birds singing their songs of Spring.

For behold, the winter is past,
The rain is over and gone.
The flowers have already appeared in the land;
The time has arrived for pruning the vines,
And the voice of the turtledove has been heard in our land.
The fig tree has ripened its figs,
And the vines in blossom have given forth their fragrance.

[Song 2:11-13]

4 comments:

Stacey said...

Oh my goodness, I know that sighting must have just made your day. It is such a good feeling to have spring time. :)

LindaG said...

Lovely pictures and great verse.
Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful weekend!

Glenda said...

Beautiful pics! I always enjoy the many "firsts" of Spring!

Sue said...

Hi Janie, you know I enjoyed this so much as butterflies are one of my favorite creations to photograph.As always a beautiful job.
Thank you for your visit, and for your sweet comment.
Enjoy your weekend too. One of my favorite scriptures you have shared.
Hugs,
Sue