Thursday, June 24, 2010

Copycat Decorating Idea

My new issue of Country Living magazine arrived in yesterday's mail and as I was thumbing through it, I saw an idea I liked. It was a very simple arrangement of fern fronds arranged in three glass bottles, and I thought, "I can do that!"

Here is the picture from the magazine (you can click on it to enlarge it to see the arrangement better):

I didn't have three bottles like the ones in the picture, but I was pleased with the look I achieved with three old glass candlesticks I've had for years.

Here's a picture showing the vase of silk daisies that are usually on the game table for spring and summer ...

It's not an earthshaking change, but I had fun trying to duplicate the arrangement in the magazine, and I think I may make another one to use as a centerpiece for my 4th of July patio table.

7 comments:

D.B. said...

I love the simplicity of the ferns! Your arrangement looks even prettier than the magazine version.

PAT said...

I love this, Janie. Your version is gorgeous.

I can't wait to see my issue of CL. We are leaving the lake today. I think I'll just have to go straight to the post office and pick up the mail. Sure hope my copy is in the batch.

Beth at Aunties said...

I saw my copy came yesterday and haven't thumbed through it yet. Your arrangement turned out beautiful.
I caught up with your last post and had to laugh thinking about the magpies who have been building FORTS high in our trees. They are fun to watch as they look for treasures for their nests. We have a family of baby robbins just over a flower bed and driveway. They have been fun to watch except for the mess below they are making!
The grands run to see the babies as soon as they arrive.:)

Sue said...

Hi Janie, Like you I copy cat a lot, but I think I like yours better.Country Living is a great mag. Great Jo!.
Enjoy your day.
Hugs,
Sue

The Quintessential Magpie said...

This is a great idea, and ferns are so prolific here that it's a nice way to fill in with greenery. Thanks, Janie! I love the way it looks on your table. Might have to try it on mine! :-)

XO,

Sheila

Judy said...

I love your glass candlesticks and how you've used them. I love getting ideas from magazines but the only problem is I want to do EVERYTHING I see that I like then nothing gets finished!

Hugs!
Judy

Sheila (TCW) said...

Your ferns look great! I haven't looked at my copy of CL yet.