Friday, March 8, 2013

In Sweet Anticipation

Is it just me, or does it seem to you that Spring is taking longer to arrive this year?  I guess I'm just impatient to get out and capture some of God's glory at its finest (preferably not in 50-degree-25-mph-wind-gust weather).

In the meantime ... I'd like to share some pictures I captured from Springtimes Past in hopes that they will help us to be a little more patient while we watch and wait for signs that Spring is finally here to stay!    

Redbud Tree in Vicksburg National Cemetery

Waiting for a new family to move in ...

Flowering Quince ... one of the first harbinger's of Spring

Bradford Pear Tree
Bradford Pear Blossom, up close and personal ... 

 Pink Dogwood, in all its glory ...

Hyacinths


Up close and personal ...

Silhouette of a Cross inside a Tulip

Wouldn't you love to tiptoe through these ...

I haven't seen any robins yet, have you?

Forsythia, on a Cloudy Day

Wisteria on the Natchez Trace

I'm not sure if seeing these pictures has helped me to be less impatient for Spring, or not.  In fact, I'm afraid they've had the opposite effect ... I STILL can't wait!

4 comments:

Marti said...

It was in the 80's this week, and now it is raining. I think spring has come to Phoenix.

Merisi said...

Thank you for these gorgeous images of spring, can't wait to see spring arrive, finally!

Dorothy said...

Such beautiful pictures!!! ♥ ♥ ♥

Pat said...

Janie,

Such beautiful pictures as always...can't wait to see your Spring pictures.

Pat in Tallahassee