Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving Eve!

Just a note to wish you a "Happy Thanksgiving Eve," and to share a tip that might come in handy tomorrow. But first, I'd like to share the centerpiece I just made for my dining table ...



I hope you won't need it, but just in case ... here's the tip:

How to remove candle wax from a tablecloth:

To remove candle wax that has dripped on your Thanksgiving tablecloth, first harden the wax by putting a plastic sandwich bag filled with ice on it. Next, scrape off as much as possible with a dull knife or a credit card.

Put the tablecloth between two pieces of paper from a brown paper bag and iron the "sandwich" on low heat until the remaining wax melts into the paper.

Wash the tablecloth with a detergent.

10 comments:

Bo said...

Your centerpiece is so beautiful...and it is made out of REAL fruits! Thanks for the wonderful tip. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving! ;-) Bo

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

What a beautiful table!! Have a very Happy Thanksgiving, friend. xoxo

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Janie, this is so gorgeous! You really knocked yourself out to do this wonderful centerpiece, and I appreciate you sharing it with us. Here's wishing you a Thanksgiving filled with all the joy your heart can hold. I wish that for you and all of your family and guests!

XO,

Sheila

Belle (from Life of a...) said...

The centerpiece is gorgeous...I'm quite talented at recognizing gorgeous but completely inept when it comes to CREATING gorgeous!

southerninspiration said...

Your table looks fabulous! I hope your day is as fabulous as your table is beautiful! Come again and sign up for my giveaway....I've decided to make it a Black Friday giveaway!
Suzanne

Beth at Aunties said...

I love your table setting and center piece!!! It looks so warm and welcoming. I also like your new look.
Thanks for the candle wax tip because we Have needed it in the past.
Happy Thanksgiving!

Unknown said...

That is a beautiful centerpiece Janie! Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

diane

Anonymous said...

That is so beautiful. Happy thanksgiving.

Tracey said...

What a beautiful centerpiece!!
Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!
Tracey

Laura @ the shorehouse. said...

Lovely!! I love the fruits...so natural and non-fussy (and such a good use of things that you can eat later!) and yet looks like something out of a magazine. Well done!