Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Under One Roof



There's nothing I love more than having all of my family safe and sound under one roof, and that's what is going to happen today. My parents are coming this morning to help with our Thanksgiving Eve cooking and preparations for tomorrow, and our son from Tennessee will arrive early afternoon. Then late this afternoon, my daughter, son-in-law, and AVERY GRACE will be here. I've been up since 3:30 this morning, excited, ready for the day to begin, and making lists and checking them twice:

  • The yard has been mowed and edged [check]

  • Leaves picked up in the courtyard, and the patio furniture washed [check]

  • The dining room table is set, except for fresh flowers which I have to pick up this morning (I'll try to get a picture of it later).

  • The cornbread and chicken broth for the dressing are in the refrigerator, along with my Sweet Potato Casserole [check]

    And today, we will make the Ambrosia, which is a family tradition and BIG production. Don't you love family traditions?

    I hope your day is going to be filled with traditions and the laughter and love shared by a family ... all under one roof.

    *Photo borrowed from the Internet

    P.S. ... I just came across this precious "Turkey Song" video and HAVE to share it with you. It's SO cute! Just click on the link and be sure your speakers are turned up. You'll love it!... Turkey Song.

  • 5 comments:

    RachelD said...

    Lovely, Janie. And I wish a wonderful Thanksgiving to ALL under your roof, all you love and all who love you.

    Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

    Our celebration was Sunday. It is always good to have our family with us for Thanksgiving. This year we had a special guest, also. Fun day with sunshine.

    Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family Janie!

    Robert Walker said...

    My daughter is a senior and the time is coming where she will leave the nest. Of course it's just a phase of life, soon enough she will come running back home to mom's cooking with grandbabys in tow. I'm so glad I found your blog.

    The Quintessential Magpie said...

    Hi, Janie, your Thanksgiving sounds perfect! I'm so glad that you will celebrate with FOUR generations. Isn't that wonderful!!! :-) Everything sounds delicious, too. Be sure and take lots of pics for us to see.

    I couldn't find your link for the turkey song. I clicked around, but nothing seemed to take me there. Maybe I'm the turkey for not finding it! LOL!

    Much love and many blessings to one of my very favorite people and her dear ones...

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    southerninspiration said...

    What a fabulous day......four generations! I look forward to days when we have the whole family, with grandchildren, to celebrate together! Enjoy your blessings and have a terrific Thanksgiving, Janie!

    Suzanne