Saturday, July 10, 2010

Exploring the "Roads Less Traveled"

My next few posts will be coming to you from Blue Ridge, Georgia, which is where my family and I will be spending our family vacation. I'm looking forward to capturing some of the beauty of the North Georgia mountains with my camera, and especially want to explore the quaint downtown area of Blue Ridge.

This will be our fourth trip to Blue Ridge, and I'd like to share some pictures I took last year during a visit to the beautiful Ocoee River.


I plan to "take the road less traveled" on this trip, and can't wait to explore some of the country roads around Blue Ridge. I hope you will join me next week to see what I find.

8 comments:

Deb said...

Have a safe trip...looking forward to your photos....pretty yellow flowers...

Sheila (TCW) said...

My husband is originally from Georgia. Most of his relatives still live there. I've never been and hope to take a trip there within the next couple of years.

Hope you have a great time! I look forward to the pictures.

xx

Marjorie (Molly) Smith said...

Have fun and have a great time with your family. I love to take the road less traveled. DH loves exploring back roads, but we didn't take too many this trip..mainly stuck to the places we had planned..it was toooo hot to do to much walking and taking pictures. We love to explore the mountains and valleys in the fall.
Hope you get more beautiful pictures like these.
Molly

Marjorie (Molly) Smith said...

Forgot to ask, are the flowers in the last picture under water or is that just reflections? Perfect shot either way
Molly

Southern Lady said...

Molly: The flowers were under water. Aren't they neat!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Just gorgeous, Janie! Looks like a wonderful time in a beautiful place!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Beth at Aunties said...

I am loving these pictures and hope you are loving your long awaited annual trip.
The flowers look like some type of water lilies...so pretty.
The water rafting looks like fun and I hope it is a fun activity repeated again this year.
Some of our kids went river rafting yesterday down the Snake River. Enjoy!

Robert Walker said...

Awesome shots!