Friday, November 19, 2010

Fun at the Car Wash

Since I acquired an interest in photography, I seem to be more aware of things around me and can find beauty in just about anything. That, combined with my "A-type" personality trait of not being able to sit still very long without something to do, prompted the following pictures.

Yes, that's water running down glass, and the glass happens to be the windshield of my car. I was at a "drive-through" car wash the other day, and was staring at the windshield as the water cascaded down it, thinking how pretty it was, and remembered that I had my cameras with me.

It doesn't take much to entertain me, especially when I'm looking through a camera lens, and I think the pictures are actually kind of neat.

The Soap Cycle


Blue Foamy Stuff

The Rinse Cycle

I know you're probably thinking, "Bless her heart, she has waaaay too much time on her hands," and you're probably right — but at least I made good use of my time while in the car wash and, hopefully, inspired you to really look at the water running down your windshield the next time you're in a car wash. You might even want to take your camera along.


I hope your weekend is filled with lots of lagniappe!

5 comments:

Deb said...

love it...I've done a few photo shoots at the car wash also...love your photos...

RachelD said...

I've always thought---too late---that I'd love a permanent picture of those sudsy moments. The rainbow effect when the pink suds meet the big blue washpads, the swirls and clumps of the foam, and those big sheets of water, like it felt standing behind Niagara Falls.

My very favorite, though, are the little raindrops skittering sidewise as the car's forward speed grows, and the slick raincoat on the glass gives them no purchase---they fly like BB's on linoleum, in no-two-patterns-alike, scooting off the two sides. I like to think that the same little drops flit around onto the windows and stream back in our wake, flying off into the distance as we leave.

We are kindred thought-spirits, you and I.

D.B. said...

I would say you have an amazing eye rather than too much time on your hands. I'm always taking pictures of "nothing." These shots are great! Some look like the surface of the moon.........very cool!

Jenni said...

Janie, your post today was just good "clean" fun!
hehe!

LinWots said...

Pictures are great! Especially the last 3 pics.