Wednesday, November 3, 2010

A Fall Wreath

I love decorating for Fall, and today, I'd like to share my Fall wreath that hangs on the door leading from our porch into the breakfast area (I took these pictures around 4:30 in the morning, and that's why the colors look strange).

I used a grapevine wreath and embellished it with berries, seed pods, and vines. Then, as a focal point in the center, I added a small gourd shaped like a pumpkin (you can click on the pictures to enlarge them, if you'd like to get a closer look).

I keep a wreath on the door year-round, and one thing I like about this one is that I can hang it in the Fall and leave it up through Thanksgiving, or until I replace it with a Christmas wreath.

I love this time of year and hope you are enjoying beautiful Fall weather where you are -- and Happy Decorating, too!

10 comments:

D.B. said...

Your home is so lovely! This looks like a great spot to hang out in. Love the wreath, especially love your red door, I've had a few in my life and they will always be my favorite. By the way, it's okay to still be in bed at 4:30 a.m. I have insomnia so I can actually "relate" to this. Good morning, sunshine!! Thanks for sharing these images.

D.B. said...

Oh, sorry, that's not a red door. Oh well, still lovely!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

I just love your house, Janie! And that wreath is perfect on the door. Love the little gourd you hung in the center, too.

We have cooled down a little, but it is still warmish. The last two days, it has been raining which we desperately need so I'm not complaining. I'm hoping that we will get a little bit cooler, but over the years, I've gotten used to the warm weather. And the older I get, the warmer I like it! Kinda scary... does that mean I'm now officially a little old lady? Yikes!

XO,

Sheila :-)

LinWots said...

I like your wreath very much! I hope you will show us your Christmas wreath when time will come.

RachelD said...

I love your taste in everything, I think, and I look forward to all your changes of season.

Just tuning in and looing at your lovely things (see---the difference between US is that I seldom get all the beautiful things done that I used to, and if I ever do, they're gone or moved or disarranged when I get back---it's something in the air, I think).

Anyway, thank you for just the KNOWING that you have that lovely wreath, in its place, with all its parts just right. I can dream, can't I?

And I look pretty strange at 4:30 a.m. myself.

Deb said...

Very nice wreath

Jenni said...

how pretty! love the entire room, actually....

Tonja said...

It's wonderful! Looks just like something I would like in my house! I love that natural, vine look so much. And, I love the room it's in, too!

I love the fall decor also...more than any other, I think!

Stacey said...

I can't look at the wreath because I love the little porch area so much! No really, the wreath is gorgeous. :)

willowbird35 said...

I believe you posted this picture of your porch last year! I used it as my screen saver for the longest time because it was so beautiful and had so many interesting elements in it! I think I'll do that again this time! :) Karen