Sunday, November 6, 2011

Photoshopping Fun

Now you see them ...

Now you don't!

Actually, the second picture is the original I captured of a farm road last fall. I created the "now you see them" picture with my Photoshop Elements 9 program, by cutting and pasting the barn, horse, and cows from other pictures I have taken, as shown below.

This is the cow standing behind the horse.

This was my first attempt to add things to a picture (you can click on the picture to get a closer look, if you'd like). I usually remove things, such as power lines, signs, or other distracting elements that take away from the subject. Although it is far from perfect, I had fun playing with it and that's what counts, isn't it!

4 comments:

Dorothy said...

You did a wonderful job using PhotoShop! I have get to learn to do that! All I do is remove things, and a few other things. I haven't learned to use layers.

Sue said...

You truly have an eye for photography Janie, and I always enjoy what you do.
Thanks for sharing.
Sue

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Wow! Now, THAT is cool!

XO,

Sheila

Tonja said...

Well! You godd just put yourself anywhere you wanted and no one could argue any difference! How fun! I'd be playing all the time. Now put those horses back...they're not liking flying around in the blogisphere! :)