Wednesday, October 8, 2008

A Visit to The Olive Branch, Clinton, Mississippi ...

One of my favorite places to shop is a little floral and gift shop in Clinton, Mississippi, called The Olive Branch.

They have beautiful and truly unique home decor and garden accessories, but the thing I enjoy most about shopping at The Olive Branch is the way everything is displayed. Miss Dede, the owner, is a very talented lady and her displays are truly works of art.

I'd like to share with you some pictures I took on my last visit and I think you will see why I love shopping at The Olive Branch.

{ You can click on the pictures to enlarge them, if you'd like }

Let's start our photo visit at the front door. You can tell Halloween is just around the corner, and I've never seen such elegant Halloween decorations.



Don't you just love those
cute little ghosts!

This "shabby" old mantel brightens a corner with seasonal color ...

This unique old cabinet holds an array of
room fresheners, scented candles, and lotions ...

One of my favorite displays features this
old door which perfectly showcases gardening decor ...
I love that lamp with the hand painted flowers and
the little chairs and the birdhouse and ... oh, I just love it all!

Here's another gardening display which is where I found the little accessories last spring to make my summer wreath (shown below)...




I buy 99.9% of my silk flowers and seasonal faux vines and berries at The Olive Branch ... and since they are also florists, I sometimes have to touch things to determine if they are real or faux.

I love this charming fall showcase, especially the
way the gourds are displayed in the wagon and wooden bowl ...


Oh, I wish I was in the land of cotton ...
Old times there are not forgotten!

I love this unique collection of blue pottery, rustic stoneware,
branches of cotton, and the elegant angel ...



Everywhere you look, in every little nook and cranny of The Olive Branch, there are beautiful treasures that spark your imagination and inspire your creative side. Just take a look around ...

From "Glitzy Glittering Golds" ...

To elegant Aqua and Chocolate pottery ...

I love that aqua wicker table and this little fellow ...

And just look at these precious little "Pinocchio" Nutcrackers.
Aren't they adorable!

I like these birdhouses, especially the way they
are displayed in front of the mirrors ...


This beautiful sculpture gives us just a hint of
what is to come for Christmas at The Olive Branch ...
And I can't wait to see the rest of their treasures.

I hope you enjoyed browsing with me, and if you're
ever in the Clinton, Mississippi area, be sure
and stop by The Olive Branch and tell them I sent you.

Sincerely,

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Janie,
That was a fun early morning shopping trip. I have no idea which is my favorite...I liked it all.

I would probably be in there for hours trying to decide what to buy if I were actually there!

thanks for sharing,
diane

Anonymous said...

Janie, The Olive Branch is fabulous. I enjoyed all the photos. Wonderful displays. I could spend hours there.

Anonymous said...

Morning Janie! I'm ready to hop a plane just to shop!!!lol So much eye candy and so many different styles. I would go nuts here and since I'm an aromatherapy addict I'd be in front of that hutch! Now I look forward to your visit at Christmas because the tease with the red/white has me going! Have a great day - Sincerely, Jeannette

Salmagundi said...

So much eye-candy!! I would have had a hard time not buying those bird plates. Sally

Cottage Rose said...

Oh my goodness Janie; I love love love that store. So much to see and touch, and buy. Such lovely pretties. I might have to take a trip just so I can go and visit the shop. lol Thanks for sharing with us. I am going back to look again.

Have a good tomorrow.

Hugs;
Alaura

nikkicrumpet said...

Wow...it doesn't even look like a store...it looks like a magic wonderland...I bet you could spend hours in there and still not see everything. What a marvelous place!

Nancy Rosalina said...

Janie, I saw lots of pretties I love!

Susie Q said...

I would be so happy spending hours looking. I love such places...loved your photos!

Love,
Sue