Friday, October 10, 2008

A Weekend Getaway ...

This afternoon my husband and I are traveling to Shreveport, Louisiana, for a weekend getaway.

We lived in Bossier City (across the Red River from Shreveport), for five years and enjoy going back every now and then to visit some of our favorite places.

One of my favorite places is the quaint little town of Jefferson, Texas, which is about 50 miles from Shreveport. People come to Jefferson to discover history, relax in the natural surroundings, and to slow down. The town offers an abundance of gift and antique shops, restaurants, antebellum homes, and historic landmarks, and I hope to get a lot of pictures and share them with you next week.

Until then ... I hope you have a nice and restful weekend.

Sincerely,

Oh, I almost forgot!

Geaux TIGERS!


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

you have a great trip and we can't wait to see your wonderful pictures....jennie in tn <><

Judy said...

My first husband and I were stationed at Barksdale in Shreveport in late 1970's and I remember Bossier City as well. Can't wait to see pics...it will bring back some good memories.

Judy

Anonymous said...

Hi Janie,

Have a wonderful time, LA is on my to do list I have never been. Looking forward to all the pics.

Kathy :)

Picket said...

Hello friend...hope you have a great weekend with hubby...we were stationed at Barksdale AFB in the early 70's and we lived in Bossier and my baby daughter was born there! lol Thanks girl for coming by and for the sweet well wishes for our little Isabella..It has truly been a glorious week!

Salmagundi said...

Have a great time out and about!! Sally

Karen said...

I haven't been to Shreveport in about 20 years. I went to Centenary back in the early 1970's and had a sister-in-law whose family was in Shreveport. We used to visit them when we lived in Mandeville. Karen

nikkicrumpet said...

I love that whole area...it's such a beautiful city and such an amazing State!