Friday, July 24, 2009

Road Trip: Louisiana Hwy. 65


This is a continuation of my trip through the heart of the Louisiana Delta. If you haven't read the first part and would like to, you can click here.

I love photographing animals and was delighted when I saw several little goats close to the road.

Just look at these little beauties ...

I love the expressions on their faces and their soft velvety hair. This little one entertained me by sticking his tongue out at me. He was so cute I wanted to take him home with me.

A donkey was standing close by and his curiosity finally got the best of him. He wandered over to check me out, and I couldn't help but wonder what he was thinking.

My next stop was at a cotton processing plant where this neat rocking chair caught my eye as I passed by.

It looks like it has been well used and I didn't have the nerve to ask if they wanted to sell it. I'm sure the answer would have been a resounding, "No Ma'am!" I didn't ask what kind of skull that was beside it either.

This little rabbit was almost hidden amongst a lethal-looking cactus plant. I love yard art and couldn't resist taking his picture.

One of the things I always notice as I drive through little towns are the water towers. This one was at Transylvania, Louisiana, and I love the picture on it.


I did an "about-face," aka U-turn, when I passed by this old barn. I like the unusual windows on the side of what I assume is the hay loft.

I love silos, and was pleased with the way the trees framed this one for me.

I enjoyed my trip through the Louisiana Delta, and would like to go back someday. I had to leave a lot of "pictures" up there, and that rocking chair is haunting me.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

i love your pictures- all of them, but the goats and donkey my favorite, oh and the rocking chair and barn, never mind, i guess i love all of them are my favs.

http://randommusingsfrommypov.com

Anonymous said...

Morning Janie! I love old barns and grew up playing in my friend's two barns when I was little! We would climb to the haystack up a ladder attached to the wall (I was always a little scared going up and petrified coming down!!lol) The other one had stalls we would make believe were our homes but I would spend so much time sweeping it out they would get annoyed with me!lol I just love how you capture animal faces and the tongue one just cracked me up!!!lol The goat and donkey together really put size into perspective! Looked like you had absolutely beautiful weather too! I've always been fascinated with water towers too and can see our town one from my window in winter! I don't envy the guys that go up it to maintain it though!!!lol Now I'll think of you when I see the tower every day!(not sure you'll like that association!lol lol) Have a fantastic weekend - Sincerely, Jeannette

midnight macaroons said...

My favorite is the close up of the goat. The donkey is such a cute picture too. Fabulous pictures!!!

GingerV said...

I was just through the delta area but never got off the freeway - too bad of me. did you know that donkeys have a higher inteligence than a horse (which is pretty big)? look forward to your shoot-out photos, welcome to the gang GingerV

Unknown said...

I love your photography. Thank you for sharing your passion and talent with us. I have a thing for barns and all things old also. I can only hope my blog grows up to be as nice as yours.

Merisi said...

It is sheer joy,
coming along with you!
Thank you for taking the time to share your beautiful discoveries,
Merisi

Dorothy said...

Good Morning Janie,
I see that you like to photograph lots of the same things that I like! All of your pictures are very good! It's fun to travel off the beaten path and stop whenever you see something you want to photograph!!!

Loui♥ said...

Hi Janie!
always a pleasure seeing your name!
with a thoughtful comment!
that was a hard day for me..
Love your little trips here and there..
always something interesting..
and photos to tell the story even further!
thanks again for stopping by!
hugs..
Loui♥