Thursday, February 16, 2012

Taking a Closer Look


One of the earliest Spring-blooming trees here in Mississippi, is the Bradford Pear tree, and in just a few weeks the trees will be covered with beautiful white blossoms which appear before the leaves emerge.

I captured the following two pictures in early March, a couple of years ago, when the buds were just emerging.

It didn't take them long to look like this:

Bradford Pears are ornamental landscape trees that can grow up to 40 feet in height, and their shape reminds me of the little "lollipop-shaped" trees children draw.

Notice how the limbs seem to grow straight up.

As glorious as they are from a distance, I discovered that their crowning glory is found deep within the delicate flowers.

I couldn't believe my eyes when I looked through the lens to get a close up view of one of the blossoms. This is what I saw ...

You can click on the pictures if you would like to get a closer look at these exquisite flowers. I love the little heart-shaped purple centers ...

I hope these pictures have inspired you to take the time to get a closer look at our glorious spring flowers and trees. I will never cease to be amazed by the awe-inspiring beauty hidden deep within their petals. Like the "flame" I found deep in the heart of this Iris ...

Or a tiny cross silhouetted by the sun filtering through the petals of a tulip ...

3 comments:

LindaG said...

Gorgeous pictures all. :-)

Carolyn said...

These pictures are just beautiful...looking forward to spring!
Carolyn

Glenda said...

Amazingly beautiful close-ups!