Sunday, March 15, 2009

America the Beautiful

To hear the music, click on the "Play" arrow. Then wait until Elvis begins to sing and scroll down slowly to coordinate the music with the pictures.


"America, the Beautiful"

Lyrics by Katharine Lee Bates
Melody by Samuel Ward

[Photos borrowed from the internet]


O beautiful ...
for spacious skies,



For amber waves of grain,



For purple mountain majesties,


Above the fruited plain!


America! America!


God shed His grace on thee,

And crowned thy good with brotherhood,


From sea ...

To shining sea!






O, beautiful,
For spacious skies ...

For amber waves of grain ...


For purple mountain majesties ...

Above the fruited plain ...

America!

America!

God shed His grace on thee ...

And crowned thy good,

with brotherhood ...



From sea ...

To shining sea!




16 comments:

English Cottage in Georgia said...

Such a wonderful post! Your collection of photographs are amazing. I got chills listening to the music and viewing the pics. :-)

Anonymous said...

Absolutely gorgeous post!

RachelD said...

Janie,

This was a lovely way to begin the morning.

Thank you.

RachelD said...

Janie,

This was a lovely way to begin the morning.

Thank you.

Loretta said...

How beautiful. It brought tears to my eyes! Hugs, Loretta

Loretta said...

Janie, I was so touched by this post that I left a link to your blog on my blog so everyone I know can enjoy it as well. I hope that is okay with you. Hugs, Loretta

Barbara said...

Janie, What a beautiful post. I pray this country remains 'home of the brave and land of the free'and that God continues to shed his grace on us.
I hope all is well at your house.

Deb said...

Loretta told me about your post, it is wonderful....you did a great job, and picked the perfect version by Elvis...

Karen at Nittany Inspirations said...

This was a great post. I called my DH in to view. I appreciate what work went into sincing up the photos with the music. Thank you very much for sharing this inspirational post.

Loretta said...

Janie, thank YOU for giving us the gift of your beautiful blog. I have enjoyed it for so long and visit you every day, even though I don't always have time to leave a comment. Your pictures are just captivating! I hope one day to have a blog as beautiful as yours. Hugs, Loretta

Anonymous said...

Just beautiful! God bless American!
Be a sweetie,
shelia :)

cottage farm villa said...

WOW!!!!!!!!! What a beautiful post!

Perfection!

Cindy said...

Great post. Thanks for sharing.

Monica said...

WOW! What a fantastic post!!!!!!!!!!!!! You brought tears to my eyes... Thank you!
Monica.

August Rose said...

Okay,,,,Okay.....I am crying on Monday morning from this beautiful post. I am not a sappy grrrrl either. God have mercy on us. And Thank you for being a true American. For you must believe that this Country was paid for by the blood of all of our aunt, uncle, grandfathers, sons, brothers, daughters, neices, nephews and friends. And all of those serving today and have served; are all our relatives.

Anonymous said...

Thank you