Wednesday, March 4, 2009

A Little Outdoor Lagniappe for "Outdoor Wednesday "

Welcome to Outdoor Wednesday ...


I'd like to thank our gracious hostess Susan at A Southern Daydreamer, for taking the time to host our "Outdoor Wednesdays." I hope you will visit Susan to see her beautiful outdoors in Georgia, as well as everyone else's contributions.

March "roared into Vicksburg like a lion" ... bringing us several cool and windy days.

I haven't ventured out with my camera much, so today I'd like to share a collection of random photos I took recently when we were blessed with a few spring-like days.

For brevity's sake, I'm going to let the photos speak for themselves (you can click on the photos to enlarge them, if you'd like) ...

[I have more photos posted at the bottom of my blog, if you'd like to scroll down to see them.]

We have warmer days forecast for the end of the week and the weekend, so I hope to have some new photos to share with you for our next "Outdoor Wednesday." Until then, I hope your outdoors are filled with sunshine and signs of Spring.

Sincerely,

18 comments:

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Janie, have I told you today how much I love your photographs? Well, if I haven't, I do! And that lion... oh, he's a real cutie, and the soldier in the Park in Vicksburg is magnifient against that sky! All of them are wonderful, and they are a nice way to start my day that will be ending late! :-)

XO,

Sheila

Kristie R said...

wonderful pictures!

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures and the variety! Have a great day!

Stacey said...

Beautiful! I'm pretty sure the Mississippi Travel and Tourism people should know about you! Seriously. You are good!

Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer said...

Happy Outdoor Wednesday Janie! Beautiful pictures! If I had to pick a favorite...it might be the tree roots! (hard to pick just one though!)Thanks for sharing your photos.

Susan

Victorian Garden Gourmet said...

I so enjoyed your photographs! How lovely!

Sue said...

Janie,
that new photo lens is doing wonders, I still haven't gotten mine, maybe soon. The lion is so cute.
Blessing,
Sue

Fifi Flowers said...

What a LOVELY collection of outdoor shots! Lion is sooooo cute!

Light and Voices said...

Oh my goodness the shot of the elephant was wonderful! Then a scroll or two down were cypress trees in water. Elephants and cypress trees they look similar. Quess I haven't noticed that before. I roared when I saw the lion roar. How cute...but will someday eat us for desert. Happy Outdoor Wednesday!
~Joyce~

Chandy said...

Gorgeous pictures! Thanks for sharing ... Have a great Wednesday!

~TexasLady~ said...

I always love to stroll through Vicksburg with you by way of your camera and blog. Thanks for sharing the pictures*!

Missy Wertz said...

Nice photos. Happy OW!

JudyBug said...

Great pics! The last one is my favorite! The white is so striking.

JudyBug

Cass @ That Old House said...

Gorgeous photographs! I especially love the ones featuring old structures, very atmospheric. Lovely.
Cass

Bo said...

Hey Janie...you do have a photographer's eye...I so want to achieve that someday! ;-) Bo

Unknown said...

Janie you are so talented. Do you use photoshop? If so how did you learn it?

Thanks,
Deb

Anonymous said...

The photos of the big old cypress trees brings longing for my home-are in North Carolina. All of the photos are beautiful. Thanks.

Kat said...

What beautiful photographs! You are very talented and truly captured the essence of this part of the country. The sunset shot is fabulous. Thanks for sharing these. Kathy