Sunday, March 8, 2009

There Will Be Peace in the Valley ...

To hear the music, click on the "Play" arrow. Then wait until Elvis begins to sing and scroll down slowly to coordinate the music with the pictures.




Oh well, I’m tired and so weary ...
But I must go along,


Till the Lord comes and calls ...

Calls me away, oh yeah.


Well the morning's so bright ...


And the Lamb is the light ...

And the night, night is as black as the sea, oh yes ...


There will be peace in the valley for me, some day ...

There will be peace in the valley for me, oh Lord I pray ...



There'll be no sadness, no sorrow ...

No trouble, trouble I see.

There will be peace in the valley for me, for me.


Well the bear will be gentle ...


And the wolves will be tame ...


And the lion shall lay down by the lamb, oh yes ...


And the beasts from the wild shall be led by a child ...


And I'll be changed ...
changed from this creature that I am, oh yes.

There will be peace in the valley for me, some day,


There will be peace in the valley for me, oh Lord, I pray.

There'll be no sadness, no sorrow,


No trouble, trouble I see.


There will be peace in the valley ...

For me, for me.


Peace in the Valley, by Thomas A. Dorsey
Photos borrowed from the internet

5 comments:

Susie Mitchell said...

I love visiting your site...have you in my sidebar so I can keep up with you. I especially love your Elvis sacred music with the beautiful photos. Thank you for putting so much effort into this beautiful blog to share. I have 11 blogs currently. I don't post every day. I've made so many new friends via blogging and learned so very much. Yours is an oasis...just a beautiful spot to relax and enjoy a few minutes.
Have a great week.
Blessings, Susie

Anonymous said...

Hi Janie! Very creative and clever! So peaceful too! This must have been a fun/relaxing post to put together. Just wanted to stop in quickly and wish you a happy week! Mondays come so fast!lol Thought I'd try a little blogging to get caught up!lol Hope you have something fun planned for your week! You must be getting all kinds of budding and flowers poking up there! I'm watching all those bulbs I planted in the fall; they are actually peaking through! Yea!! Take care dear - Sincerely, Jeannette

Beth at Aunties said...

Janie,

I always appreciate the time you put forth in your Sunday Spiritual posts.
This was beautiful. All the pictures were perfect to go with the song. I also have the second coming picture of our Savior hanging in our home:)

Thanks for being such a wonderful lady!

Cottage Rose said...

Hey Janie; I just love your post, the photos are just breath taking, I love that song and Elvis. I have that CD, I bought it when we went to take a tour of his wonderful home. It is a beautiful CD.

Hugs;
Alaura

FrenchGardenHouse said...

Janie, what a beautiful post! I have so enjoyed visiting your beautiful blog this morning.:)
xo Lidy