Monday, April 13, 2009

Decorating with Photographs

I've taken literally thousands of pictures of a variety of subjects ...

From flowers to cows to family photos ... to hummingbirds, butterflies, trees, tree roots, old houses and buildings, zoo animals, and ... well, you probably "get the picture."

However, of all the photos I've taken, I've never really found any that I liked well enough to have framed to use in my house ... until recently. Today, I thought I'd share a few that I've had framed and display in our breakfast area and master bathroom.

Let's start in the bath. In keeping with a "garden theme," here are the pictures I chose to have framed:





And here is how I used them in the bathroom (you can click on the photos to enlarge them, if you'd like).

The most recent photo I've used is one of a church bell I took on a photo shoot in Raymond, Mississippi ...

I love this picture and I think I found a perfect place for it in my recently redecorated breakfast area.

I hope it's not too much. What do you think?

12 comments:

Stacey said...

I think they are perfect. Hang them with pride!

southerninspiration said...

I am a HUGE fan of your photos.....remember I said you should contain them in a Southern style BOOK????? Still waiting.....;)

Suzanne
Those look fabulous in your decor!

Unknown said...

Hi Janie,
I love your photos and think framing them is a wonderful idea!

They look great in your home.

Hope you have a great day!
Diane

Lisa said...

I love every ONE! Beautiful! I agree with Suzanne. What a gorgeous book that would be!

Unknown said...

Love the photos and the way you used them around the house. There's my windmill painting too! :)

Merisi said...

Your pictures are not only fit to frame, they are fit for a Queen!
I am so glad you have welcomed them into your home. I hope you will find more of them to enjoy on your walls, for you and your visitors.

Merisi said...

Scrolling down your blog, I noticed the flower collection at the bottom of your page. There are two of pink dogwood blossoms, a branch and a single one. They would look gorgeous in a frame!

I miss dogwoods.

Salmagundi said...

I love the new picture in the dining room. The brick in the picture then really drew my eye to the color of the gorgeous rug. Sally

bj said...

I love all your photos...I wish you would have them put into book form and give us a chance to buy one...I would LOVE that!
And, you KNOW that I am a hugh fan of your HOUSE. It is one of the prettiest I've ever seen and you know we see a lot of house in Blogland....
hugs, bj

English Cottage in Georgia said...

Love your header! Your pics are beautiful...love your decor also.

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Janie, I love your photos! I love how you have them displayed, too.

XO,

Sheila :-)

Loretta said...

Janie I don't know how I missed this post. I haven't been spending as much time blogging lately and this post got by me. I just about squealed when I saw the framed picture of the bell from Raymond! All your pictures are just beautiful including the new header picture of the Queen Anne's Lace and Crimson Clover. Hugs, Loretta