Thursday, April 30, 2009

New Look for a NEW Porch Table ...

Last weekend I bought a new iron table for our porch, and although I didn't care for the finish on it, the size, shape, and style were perfect. It even had little fleur-de-lis designs which complement the large fleur-de-lis hanging over it (you can click on the pictures to enlarge them, if you'd like) ...



I knew when I bought it that I would be happier with it if it was black, but thought I would "give it a chance" and "live with it" for a few days. It wasn't bad, but every time I looked at it I thought, "You can be better."

To make a long story a little shorter, here are the "after" pictures:



Maybe now I'll be able to sit on the patio and enjoy my new table instead of sitting there thinking, "I've GOT to paint that table!"

Uh-oh ... you know what I just noticed? My pretty new table makes the old patio furniture look drab! Have you ever noticed that in the world of decorating one thing always seems to lead to another?


11 comments:

Stacey said...

Janie, I like that alot. Your patio is cozy. Love all the plants.

Tonja said...

and another and another! :)

I think your decision to paint it black was a good one. Boy, it really stands out now. I think it looks great!

Natalie Meester said...

I'd come sit a spell with you on your patio anytime!

It's absolutely beautiful!

Lisa said...

Very cute! You did a great job(:

Anonymous said...

I love your new porch table! Your entire porch is lovely! I love those rocking chairs!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Love your table, and it looks so snazzy on your porch! The perfect place to sit and read a good book or have a cuppa.

XO,

Sheila :-)

Deb said...

I love your patio..love the table..even looks better painted black

Unknown said...

Hi Janie,
The table looks great in black...and my house is full of projects that need to be done.

Gotta get going over here. LOL

:) Diane

PS-Love your porch!

Anonymous said...

Morning Janie! I'll be down later for some iced tea!!! What a beautiful place to enjoy the day!! You've motivated me to get going on my front porch! Yes Yes, much better black I agree. Perfect size table; LOVE that fleur-de-lis too! All the plants make it look like an inside living room! Just Perfect - now sit back and enjoy it!!!lol Have a great weekend dear - Jeannette

Kitty Scraps said...

Good Morning Miz Janie,
Beautiful patio/porch! I love your new table too. I noticed a long time ago that once I finally finished something that I had a dozen more projects as a result *smiles*

English Cottage in Georgia said...

Your porch is soooo inviting! I agree with your choice of black. The table looks fantastic :-)