Thursday, April 16, 2009

The Hidden Beauty of Wildflowers ...

Yesterday, I shared my photos of one of the most elegant wildflowers, Queen Anne's Lace.

Today, I'd like to show you some of the other wildflowers I captured with my camera.

As I looked at them through the lens, I was amazed by the intricate beauty of these little flowers ... for the most part, hidden from sight of the busy world passing by them every day. I created a slideshow of my pictures and invite you to just sit back, listen to the music, and see what you've been missing ...

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow:

5 comments:

Unknown said...

GReat job Janie. I think my favorite is the Queen Anne's Lace against the blue sky!
Diane

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Lovely!

XO,

Sheila

Karen at Nittany Inspirations said...

Whenever I see Queen Anne's Lace, I can't help remembering how my grandmother often had Queen Anne's Lace in a vase of water with food coloring. The flower would absorb the colored water and the white flowers would turn red or blue. Thanks for sharing and bringing back those memories of my grandma.

Laura said...

How pretty. I love white flowers.

Laura

whitespraypaint.blogspot.com

Loretta said...

Janie you are a fantastic photographer! These pictures were breathtaking! Thank you for sharing them with us! Blessings, Loretta