Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Heart Seeds

As promised, this is the "rest of the story" about an amazing vine called "Balloon Vine," which I featured in yesterday's post.

If you would like to read the story from the beginning before reading the end, you can click on the above link.

I visited that fence row again yesterday on a "mission" to gather some seeds from the balloon-like fruit hanging from the vine.

I held my breath as I opened the first pod, and couldn't help but smile when I saw three little black seeds nestled inside. I removed them and was further delighted to see the white heart-shaped designs on them where they had been attached to the pod.

To think that I just happened to drive by that fence row last week and stopped to take pictures of the unusual vines growing on it, never realizing what was tucked away inside those paper-thin little "balloons." I'm so glad I researched the vine to find out what it was, or I'd have never known about its "secret treasure."

While I was there yesterday, I also captured some of the tiny flowers gracing the ends of the delicate tendrils ...

And last, but not least, here is a little more lagniappe I captured while I was there, as if "heart seeds," exquisite little flowers, and "paper balloons" weren't enough ...

God's glory is all around us, but it's His hidden handiwork, most of which we probably never see, that is truly awe-inspiring. I feel blessed to have gotten a glimpse of it on a beautiful September morning, in the form of those little "heart seeds" nestled inside the "paper balloons" of the vine growing on that fence row near Edwards, Mississippi — Thank you, Lord.

P.S.— I plan to share this story with our granddaughter Avery Grace, and let her help me plant the seeds on our newly purchased land where we're planning to build a house. Perhaps I'll be able to share pictures of "our" balloon vines someday.

5 comments:

Deb said...

great post....love the photos..

RachelD said...

Glimpses of Glory and sharing with a child---can you think of anything better for an Autumn day?

Jenni said...

Oh my goodness! As I looked at those little BLACK seeds...and saw those little WHITE hearts...

Oh my! What an object lesson of how God can take a heart that is black with sin and make it WHITE and clean!!!

Thanks for the "rest of the story"...

Unknown said...

This is a beautiful post...God's handiwork is all around us if we take the time to see it!

Thank you for the gentle reminder!

Look forward to hearing more about the new house!

Wish your 'old' one was near...I love it and would buy it in a heartbeat!

Carolyn said...

I've seen balloon vines before, but never knew about the seeds. What a blessing to share that with your sweet granddaughter. I will be on the lookout for those vines from now on thanks to you!
Carolyn