Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Garden Animals / Part 3

This is the final post in a series of three featuring a recent visit my husband and I made to Four Seasons Garden Art, which is located in Crystal Springs, Mississippi. If you missed the first two posts and would like to read them, you can click on the links below:

Garden Art: Part 1 / Statues
Garden Art / Part 2

Today we are going to visit Four Seasons' awesome stone menagerie, which includes mammals, amphibians, reptiles and birds.

There were unicorns, gargoyles, sea serpents, and dragons, too ... which would fall into the whimsical category, I guess.

I've never been fond of gargoyles and dragons ... and especially didn't care for this next fellow ... but I guess if you own a zoo, you might could use him at the entrance to the Reptile Exhibit ...

I prefer kinder and gentler animals like this sweet little giraffe ...

Or this little sheep ...

They had quite a selection of cute little pigs, too ...

There were horses ...

And cats and dogs ...

And beautiful deer ...

These happy-looking dolphins would be pretty in a fountain or pool ...

Next came the birds ...

I would love one of the herons for our pond ...

I liked this colorful parrot, too ...

I'm not so sure about the lions and alligator, though. They look rather intimidating ...

This little frog seemed to be enjoying the sunshine ...

And the turtles were out for a stroll ...

Easter is just around the corner, and I would love to have a couple of these pretty rabbits for our porch ...

I especially like the brown one ...

Doesn't he have a pretty face!


I hope you enjoyed my photo tour of Four Seasons Garden Art, as much as I enjoyed my visit there.

If you are ever near Crystal Springs, Mississippi, I hope you will take the time to stop by and see their collection of beautiful and unique garden art for yourself. You can also visit their website at Four Seasons Garden Art.

2 comments:

Pat said...

Janie,

It was fun traveling with you and visiting all the beautiful garden art.

They say, one of the reasons for happiness is "something to wish for."
So, you have made all of us happy today.

Enjoyed seeing all the wonderful pictures.
Pat

Dorothy said...

Wow! They have quite a collection! I'm not a big fan of this sort of thing, although I DO have a few pieces given to me at the death of some family members.