Friday, January 4, 2013

Practice Makes Perfect

You're probably wondering why I'm sharing a picture of a bowl. Well, that's one of the first pictures I took using my new Canon 5D camera that my husband gave me for Christmas. The picture is not perfect, but I like it for some reason, and it inspired me to capture a few more vignettes around the house while getting acquainted with my new camera. Here is another one I like ...

As I said ... not perfect, but I'm looking forward to trying my hand at proving that age-old saying that "practice makes perfect."

For starters, I'm going to venture outside with my camera this weekend, weather permitting. It's been so cold and wet and dreary here in Vicksburg, I've been hibernating these days.

I hope this first weekend of the new year will bring beautiful weather and happy gatherings your way, wherever you are.

3 comments:

Sue said...

I looks perfect to me Janie, ~smile~have fun with the new camera.
Blessings,
Sue

C M Designs said...

I'm looking forward to lots of pictures.. You always take interesting photos.
Have a great weekend. It was 18 degrees in our town this morning. Warm hugs, Charlotte

Pat said...

Janie,

Your pictures look beautiful to me. I know you are having fun with your new camera.......Looking forward to seeing more pictures.

Have fun!

Pat