Thursday, January 31, 2013

Perfection on a Cloudy Winter Day

I went out for a while yesterday morning and captured some pictures of the Japanese Magnolia trees blooming in Vicksburg. They're blooming early this year, and I was afraid that the blossoms had been battered by the heavy rains and unusually high, gusty winds that moved through the area the night before ... but I was pleasantly surprised and pleased to find a few trees that were still loaded with blooms.

I drove around for a while until I spotted a tree close to the street with blooms low enough for me to get some closeup pictures ... and this one was perfect!

Although the sky was colorless and overcast and the flowers were wet from the rain, they were still breathtakingly beautiful up close ...

I love the contrast between the delicate blossoms and their gnarly, twisted branches ...

I treasure every minute I spent capturing and preserving these exquisite flowers with my camera, keeping them forever bright ... and beautiful ... and perfect ... in my pictures.

5 comments:

Merisi said...

Such splendid harbingers of spring, so beautifully captured!

Thank you for this exquisite promise of spring. We are still a few more weeks from seeing magnolia buds growing big enough to open.

Cheers,
Merisi

Stacey said...

Beautiful! Beautiful! They seem so old especially with the old houses behind them. We had one in the backyard of our first house. Loved it.

C M Designs said...

Oh, to live where these beautiful trees are blooming. Your pictures are lovely, Janie.. I just wish warmer weather would move my way.
It will, but I'm impatient.
Have fun on your trips to take beautiful pictures.
Have a wonderful wekend.
Charlotte

Richard Cottrell said...

OMG, I can only dream, I am afraid we have at least 2 months yet before ours bloom. RC

Pat said...

Hi Janie,

I loved your beautiful pictures of the pink magnolias.

And, the old deep south home in the background was a perfect setting to accentuate the pretty blossoms.

Always look forward to seeing your beautiful photos.

Blessings!
Pat in Tallahassee