Thursday, January 10, 2013

Lookin' Out My Back Door

I love that old CCR song, "Lookin' Out My Back Door," but when I looked out my back door this morning, I didn't see any "happy creatures dancing on the lawn" ... and there were no "giants turning cartwheels" ... or "statues wearing high heels" either. All I saw was Rain, Rain, and more RAIN!

It's a dreary, dark, windy, and rain-drenched day here in Vicksburg, but I did manage to find a few bright spots with my camera while looking out our porch door. I took these with my zoom lens so I didn't have to get out in the rain.

I loved the bubbles floating in and amongst the raindrops in our pond, and just had to get a closer look ...

Raindrops were clinging to the branches of our Japanese Maple, like little diamonds, defying gravity ...

Not to be outdone, the Yews were shimmering in diamonds, too ...

The branches of our Chaste Tree are loaded with seed pods and I think they made an interesting picture ...

My asparagus ferns are still nice and green, and looked especially pretty in the rain ...

We've been "blessed" with rain off and on for about a week now, with more to come ... but the forecast for tomorrow is "Sunny, with a high of 73!" You just can't ask for better than that, and I know a lot of soggy spirits around here are going to be lifted, if only for a day. Wish I could send some of that sunshine your way!

6 comments:

Dorothy said...

Rain or not, you have a pretty yeard!

Judy said...

i just wanted to stop by (finally!) and tell you how much your sweet comments mean to me...you always "make my day"!

your yard looks wonderful...rain or shine. we are having bouts of rain here, i just did a short walk before it started raining again. we are having some really warm weather here, i bet you are too.

seeing the windsor ruins on your sidebar makes me long for another trip to vicksburg, that was one of my favorite vacations.

we hope to go to london NEXT february (2013) so i don't think we'll be doing any "big" trips before then....it will be for our 10 year anniversary.

Stacey said...

Oh how pretty. We got 3 1/2 inches of rain this week which is more than we've had in the last 3 months. We were thrilled to get it.

Did I tell you that I'm begging for a pond at this house? A small one this time but I definitely want one. The birds love it.

Your courtyard is so pretty. Always love to see those pictures.

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Very pretty!

We are bright and sunny here today, but I wish it were a little cooler.

Hope all is well in your world...

XO,

Sheila

Sue said...

Someone is having fun with their camera and doing a beautiful job, the way you captured the raindrops on the pond, absolutely beautiful.
Thanks for sharing.
Blessings,
Sue

C M Designs said...

Janie, your backyard is beautiful, rain or shine.
The bubbles on your pond look so magical. I know Harry, if he's out in the rain, loves them.
Have lots of fun with your new camera.
Thinking about you,
Charlotte in Va.